Title: Mechanical Engineer – BOP & SOFC Development Engineer
To be an integral part of a team dedicated to the design, fabrication and optimization of small scale SOFC units. Responsibilities will include the mechanical design and integration of solid oxide fuel cell stack, components and unit subsystems. Will optimize system components packaging within the unit to minimize product size and enhance product performance.
- Expertise in small scale SOFC stack and system design.
- Expertise in mechanical design.
- Expertise in material science.
- Experience with product design, prototype build, and experimental testing.
- Experience in heat transfer and thermal distribution through materials.
- Experience gas flow characterization.
- Experience in fixture design for process improvement and control.
- Experience in Automated Process Equipment Design.
- Experience in SolidWorks modeling program is required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office package (incl. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to operate in a small team with a minimum of supervision.
- Participates in weekly experimental planning discussions in regard to status of work in progress.
- Generate regular progress reports and collate relevant advances in field.
- Keeps supervisor informed on a regular basis on development status.
- Complies with laboratory, State and Federal health, safety, fire and environmental policies.
- Insures that good housekeeping practices are complied within the working area.
- Actively participates in safety awareness and Incident Investigations as assigned.
- Works overtime as required.
- Bachelors in Science in Mechanical Engineering with experience in relevant field or study (SOFC balance of plant & optimization).
- Preferred Masters in Mechanical Engineering.