Job Title: Marketing Communications Specialist
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Mt. Pleasant, PA
Summary: The Marketing Communications Specialist will be accountable for developing and implementing the organization’s business to business marketing communications plan. The position is responsible for communicating consistent messages across print and electronic media, ensuring key, strategic messages are communicated effectively to target audiences and producing public relations materials, advertising, and marketing collateral to increase corporate visibility, product brand awareness and support the sales process.
- A written marketing communications plan to support the sales team and enhance product and corporate brand awareness.
- Marketing collateral:
- Working with production agencies and vendors to develop and create printed marketing materials.
- Developing content for the web site and maintaining/updating the website.
- Create/publish social media content.
- Brainstorm, write, and publish blog posts.
- Public relations plan that includes:
- Writing and issuing press releases for appropriate corporate activities.
- Publishing by-lined articles to support sales activities and enhance brand awareness.
- Fielding and responding to media inquiries.
- Plan for trade shows, association meetings and events:
- Working with production agencies and vendors to develop and create printed marketing materials and trade show graphics.
- Expose WATT’s capabilities by networking, free talks and other activities
- Generate leads
- Keep up with industry and current events by reading industry trades and participating in local business associations
- Administrative duties, including
- Develop, edit and review and maintain corporate presentations.
- Maintain corporate marketing standards
- Logos, business cards, stationery, presentation templates, banners, … to convey a consistent corporate message.
- Maintain budget and report status on a monthly basis.
- BA degree in communications, marketing or a related field.
- Five years or more marketing, communications or selling experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in managing corporate social media accounts.
- Self-starter with proven ability to work and communicate effectively in an entrepreneurial environment, and work independently to achieve defined goals and objectives.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction, excellence, growth, and helping people do their best.