Job Title: Director of Product Marketing
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Mt. Pleasant, PA
Summary: The Director of Product Marketing develops and executes product and market strategy initiatives by capturing market insight and translating it into actionable, differentiated products and programs which benefit customers and drive revenue. Providing leadership on the product plan, marketing communications, distribution strategies and overall product life cycle management are key facets of the position.
- Develop and implement business plans that highlight competitive landscape and customer needs.
- Establish and enhance product offerings by identifying and assessing product and market opportunities and outlining product road maps to align with company objectives.
- Identify market trends and competitors’ actions impacting the various market segments
- Translate market research data, customer feedback, and technology trends into product requirements.
- Define and implement clear product positioning, pricing, and messaging.
- Develop and implement marketing programs, using metrics to drive success.
- Manage product promotional activities, product training/educational tools and marketing collateral for field sales and distribution partners.
- Plan the launches of new products, releases of product enhancements, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plans.
- Understand the competitive landscape, becoming an expert on the competition and how they are positioned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a technical field, MBA preferred
- At least 10 years of experience working in marketing and/or sales.
- 5 years in Marketing, technical marketing skills a plus
- Energy, UPS, Renewables, or energy storage background preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Team oriented leader capable of leading others in a collaborative manner.
- Draw accurate conclusions from financial and quantitative information.
- Summarize business and financial data in a useful manner for planning and decision making.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on high impact projects.
- Convey understanding of market conditions and trends impacting the company’s growth.
- Stay abreast of worldwide business developments.
- Respond to the unique needs of individual customer contacts.
- Seek feedback from customers to identify improvement opportunities.
- Executive level communications skills.
- Be capable of understanding technically complex systems and products and translating them into easily understood business terms.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft suite of products
- Travel up to 25% will be required