Job Title: Application Engineer
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Mt. Pleasant, PA
Summary: The Application Engineer will be the key technical interface to customers, comprised of End-Users, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Value Added Resellers (VARs) and Distribution Partners. Successful candidate will combine their technical acumen, project management experience, and commercial skills to support sales and ensure the successful delivery and deployment of systems.
The effectiveness of the Application Engineer is defined by his/her ability to support sales of WATT fuel cell products, ensure pilots/projects and deployments are completed on-time and within budget, and manage conflicts and customer expectations. The post-sale technical point of contact, the Application Engineer will coordinate deliverables, provide technical support, and prepare event reporting /resolution activities.
- Provide support in proposal development.
- Manage post sales projects by work closely with Business Development, Channel Partners and End-Users to understand the business requirements, develop effective working relationships and establish management processes.
- Communicate on a technical level with engineers and other company professionals.
- Establish credibility with customers through technical understanding of the application, product knowledge and ability to quickly diagnose and solve application problems and deployment issues that arise with end-users, distributors and OEM’s.
- Plan and manage pilots and deployment projects, establishing a written project plan and coordinating all project deliverables and resources.
- Secure and coordinate resources for projects, within WATT, channel Partners, end-users or third-party contractors.
- Track and communicate projects status on a regular basis.
- Resolve conflicts that arise during deployments in cooperation with the WATT Sales.
- Be the primary technical interface between internal organizations (Engineering & Business Development), channel partners, end users and other stake holders.
- BS in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years technical sales support and/or project management experience.
Knowledge and Skills
The candidate of choice will be results oriented and will possess extensive project management experience, exceptional technical acumen, and effective communication skills. Specifically:
- Self-starter with proven ability to work and communicate effectively in an entrepreneurial environment, and work independently to achieve defined goals and objectives.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction, excellence, growth, and helping people do their best.
- Excellent planning, coordination and organization skills.
- Ability to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments
- Travel up to 60% of the time.